The Arkansas Poultry Federation was established in Little Rock in 1954 as a non-profit trade organization to represent the poultry and egg industries in the state. In 1998, the office consolidated with Oklahoma and Missouri to become “The Poultry Federation”. We continue to operate as a trade organization, representing poultry and egg, with offices now in Little Rock, AR, Jefferson City, MO, and Oklahoma City, OK. A state-of-the-art poultry diagnostic laboratory located in Fayetteville, AR, is also a part of our organization.
1954 Year founded as Arkansas Poultry Federation
1959 Held first Annual Poultry Festival in Little Rock
1976 Don Allen named Executive Vice President
1998 Consolidated with Missouri and Oklahoma to become “The Poultry Federation”
2000 Morril Harriman named Executive Vice President
2007 Marvin Childers named President
2009 Celebrating the 50th Annual Poultry Festival in Rogers